yahoo n hotmail not accepting mail from one domain

Nikkilä Tommi tommi.nikkila at wmdata.fi
Thu May 31 11:43:36 UTC 2007

Your problem lies with the configuration of your domain within bind.

Please refer to http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000079

Technically, you can send email from any machine, but the larger email providers such as Yahoo or Hotmail now rely heavily on SPF records to make sure the sending domain has an SPF record. If email arrives from a machine that is not listed in the SPF record, then an MTA could classify you mail as spam.

A wizard exists for creating SPF records at http://www.openspf.org/wizard.html?mydomain=&x=26&y=8. We used this wizard to create an SPF record for example.org, and added it to our zone file:

example.org. TXT "v=spf1 a mx ~all"
server1.example.org. TXT "v=spf1 a -all"

--
Tommi Nikkilä