yahoo n hotmail not accepting mail from one domain

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 21:03:11 UTC 2007

Thanks for your quick reply . do appreciate

  btw the domain from which i can send emails to yahoo or hotmail does have an SPF record but has reverse DNS thats is kmun.gov.kw
  but i did add an SPF record

  but the domain from which hotmail and yahoo refuse to accept email has an spf record as well as an reverse DNS entry

  appreciate ur help

Nikkilä Tommi <tommi.nikkila at wmdata.fi> wrote:
  Your problem lies with the configuration of your domain within bind.

Please refer to http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000079

Technically, you can send email from any machine, but the larger email providers such as Yahoo or Hotmail now rely heavily on SPF records to make sure the sending domain has an SPF record. If email arrives from a machine that is not listed in the SPF record, then an MTA could classify you mail as spam.

A wizard exists for creating SPF records at http://www.openspf.org/wizard.html?mydomain=&x=26&y=8. We used this wizard to create an SPF record for example.org, and added it to our zone file:

example.org. TXT "v=spf1 a mx ~all"
server1.example.org. TXT "v=spf1 a -all"

--
Tommi Nikkilä