how to find hidden host within LAN

Chuck chuck.carson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 18:27:58 UTC 2007

By the way, I would also recommend placing an IDS (intrusion detection
system) in a strategic place in your network. They can be implemented
in a manner where they are "hidden" on the network by not using an IP
address, these "shadow boxes" as they are called are very usefull in
finding stuff like this out. Check out snort and their used to be a
decent front end for snort called acid. (not sure if acid is still
around or been renamed or whatever - its been years since I worked
somewhere they would't spring for a Cisco IDS.

-Chuck