Migrating mailman lists from Ubuntu to Fedora 7

mailbox@stanfield.net vicki at stanfield.net
Thu Nov 29 14:07:04 UTC 2007

>Hum. Looks like it wants a virtual host, with a DocumentRoot set to
>/usr/lib/mailman.
>
>mark

OK, I still haven't quite gotten this working. Now I am a bit
confused. Why would I need a Virtual Host? Aren't VirtualHosts just to
allow you to access different sites on your system by different names
or IPs? I don't need to access this separately from my other site. I
just need to figure out why it is looking for mailman files in
/var/www/html. I see that cgi-bin is located at  /usr/lib/mailman and
archives located at /var/lib/mailman. I copied the archives stuff from
an old system, so they might be in the wrong place. I believe they are
supposed to be in /usr/lib/mailman in the newer versions of Fedora. Can
someone who has the default setup please let me know where these
directories are on their system? I hate to create a VirtualHost only to
cover up a mistake in placing the files on the new system.

Thanks,