iscsi issue

Geofrey Rainey Geofrey.Rainey at tvnz.co.nz
Tue Nov 6 12:00:01 UTC 2007

I've tested this on RHEL3 and it works, but on RHEL5 it doesn't, any
ideas?

uname -a
Linux testbox 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jan 26 14:15:21 EST 2007 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

rpm -q iscsi-initiator-utils
iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.742-0.6.el5

1. wacky error from service control script:

service iscsid stop
Stopping iSCSI daemon: /sbin/service: line 66:  4680 Killed
env -i LANG="$LANG" PATH="$PATH" TERM="$TERM" "${SERVICEDIR}/${SERVICE}"
${OPTIONS}

2. weird error in the messages file (putting in some arbitrary alias
removes the error, but doesn't help):

Nov  7 00:55:57 testbox iscsid: an InitiatorAlias= is required, but was
not found in /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi

3. The NAS device is configured properly because I've done the same for
a RHEL3 box and it can see the Lun's okay.

regards,
Geoff.
online at tvnz.co.nz