Eject CDROM after Kickstart

Kristoffer Knigga Kknigga at arrow-financial.com
Wed Nov 7 17:18:53 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I've just started playing around with Kickstart installations in
preparation for a bunch of new servers I'm going to be rolling out.

I am currently unable to use PXE, so I've got both the ISOs and ks.cfg
available via NFS and I use a bootable CDROM to get the ball rolling.
I've noticed, though, that the CDROM is not ejected before reboot like
it does during a normal CD-based install.  This, of course, means that
the machine ends up booting back to the CD after the install, and not
the hard drive.

Is there a Kickstart option to force the CDROM to eject at the end of
the installation?  I've tried putting eject `/dev/cdrom` in the 'post'
section of the config file, but that didn't work.

Thanks a lot!

Kris Knigga

Kristoffer D. Knigga
Systems Administrator