Eject CDROM after Kickstart

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Wed Nov 7 18:01:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

	Have u tried /tmp/cdrom instead of /dev/cdrom in post install
script section of kickstart.  CDROM installations normally mounts cdrom
device into /tmp.

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Kristoffer Knigga
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:49 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: Eject CDROM after Kickstart

Hello all,

I've just started playing around with Kickstart installations in
preparation for a bunch of new servers I'm going to be rolling out.

I am currently unable to use PXE, so I've got both the ISOs and ks.cfg
available via NFS and I use a bootable CDROM to get the ball rolling.
I've noticed, though, that the CDROM is not ejected before reboot like
it does during a normal CD-based install.  This, of course, means that
the machine ends up booting back to the CD after the install, and not
the hard drive.

Is there a Kickstart option to force the CDROM to eject at the end of
the installation?  I've tried putting eject `/dev/cdrom` in the 'post'
section of the config file, but that didn't work.

Thanks a lot!

Kris Knigga