Oracle on Red Hat best practices

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Thu Nov 8 17:45:32 UTC 2007

I am being tasked with building an environment to run Oracle.  I have
had little Oracle experience so I went looking on the web for some best
practices for file system setup.  Of course there were several million
hits and with variety comes confusion.  I would appreciate it if someone
with some Oracle on Linux expertise would point me in the right
direction.  I believe that the hardware is going to be HP blades
connected to an EMC/Dell SAN.  Thanks for your consideration.

Regards, Marshall