user needs help

Paula J. Lindsay paula at scripps.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:36:44 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have a user that has dual boot, windows and linux.  When it boots to
linux, it hangs if it is not connected to the network.
I told him to make his network settings live in the "alternative"
settings, but he says this doesn't work.  Here is his email
to me:

"Would you please tell me how to correct my problem of not being able to
start the linux partition of my laptop when it is not connected to the
network?  I have redhat.  thank you."

Can someone give us some clues to this.  Many thanks in advance for any
help.

--
Paula J. Lindsay
IT Analyst III