Dell "software"

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Nov 9 17:38:21 UTC 2007

>Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:05:17 -0500
>From: hike <mh1272 at gmail.com>
>
>On Nov 9, 2007 8:46 AM, mark <m.roth2006 at rcn.com> wrote:
>> Steve Phillips wrote:
<snip>
>> a) It's a Dell PowerEdge 850. We bought it well over a year ago. RHEL 4,
>> subrelease whatever (Nahant?), is not that old; further, it *came* *with* the
>> server.
<snip>
>For my personal use, I purchase RHEL license from eBay.  (WS & ES)

At home, on my firewall/router, I'm using an old one. I don't have problems on commodity hardware.

I should perhaps have mentioned that a PowerEdge is a blade server, used in racks, and has a *lot* of non-commodity hardware (commodity being the stuff in your normal desktop/tower PC).
<snip>
>At work they purchase either directly from Red Hat or from their
>software vendor.
>I do the same thing.
>NO PROBLEMS!

Yeah, well, this *is* at work, and I am the admin.... *sigh*
<snip>

       mark