1st disk only automated install

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Mon Nov 12 02:13:31 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I have an environment where I have a number of machines that are
pata/sata/ide.  That is to say, each of these machines have 2 drives
installed.  These drives could be a pair pata or sata or ide drives in each
box.

My question is; is there a way, using kickstart to confine the install to only
the normal boot drive and not have the install put any filesystems on the
other drive?

I have found that kickstart is using both drives on the install where I only
really want one disk to have the whole installed OS on it leaving the other
untouched.  I guess the kicker would be that I also need to have this same
behaviour on the rest of my boxes which could be pata/sata/ide.

Any help on this would be appreciated, please.

Thank you,

Phil