Backup

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Tue Nov 13 06:38:05 UTC 2007

There is an opensource software available called partimage which is able to take full backup of the system independent of your Operating system. Basically it takes an image backup of the partitions available in the system. I have tried the same Using Knoppix live CD and it works !

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of nilesh vaghela
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:04 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: Backup

This may help you.

Build a Fedora Live CD

A step-by-step guide to creating custom Live CDs based on Fedora Linux.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-fedora-livecd

Should work with RHEL 5.1

On Nov 13, 2007 11:58 AM, Mad Unix <madunix at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I perform complete OS backups for the RHEL 5 server on a
> bootable ISO DVD image?
>
> --
> madunix

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
74, Nalanda Complex, Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.
www.electromech.info