Prelink dependency cycle

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 12:41:59 UTC 2007

Hello,

Prelink is giving me the following error:

   sudo /usr/sbin/prelink  /usr/bin/less
   /usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.3 has dependency cycle

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I will continue to look on the
'net, but I have found no real answer as to how to resolve the problem.
Running prelink with the '-a' or '-f' options made no difference. The
'-u' option told me:

  /usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/bin/less does not have .gnu.prelink_undo
  section

so that didn't work. I tried forcing prelink
(/var/lib/misc/prelink.force) and running the /etc/cron.daily 'prelink'
job, but again no difference.

This is an RHEL3 system (Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon
Update 9) ).

Thanks,

John.