Any Certified Laptops In The Future?

Herta Van den Eynde herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 22:56:24 UTC 2007

On 25/11/2007, Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love to run red hat but need to run it on a laptop.  Is there
> any effort to get red hat certified on laptops as it is on desktops
> and workstations?  I don't need pre-installed.  Thanks.
>
>                       Joseph Smidt

>        Joseph Smidt
>      josephsmidt at gmail.com

HP has certified the nc8000, nw8000, and  notebooks certified for Red
Hat 4.  Cf.
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/313176-0-0-225-121.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/313191-0-0-225-121.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/386527-0-0-0-121.html

Other vendors may as well.  Have you checked their pages?

And do you need Red Hat to be certified or simply to run?  If the
latter, choose the laptop you prefer, then browse the internet to see
if people or running Red Hat on them and have issues with them or not.
 I've been running linux (mostly Red Hat and Fedora) on Dell and HP
laptops since 2001.

Kind regards,

Herta