Adding printers through the web interface

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Wed Oct 10 19:57:25 UTC 2007

>Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:25:49 -0400
>From: Margaret Doll <Margaret_Doll at brown.edu>
>
>Adding printers through the web interface does not give one the
>detailed configuration that I used to get through printtool.
>
>When I try to Configure through the web pages, I get
>
>	server-error-internal-error.

You do have to configure /etc/cups/cups.conf, and that's a pain....

>I still would like to know why printtool, the web and setup do not
>act in concert.

If you find out, let me know. One of my resources was ESR's rant about trying to set up a printer with CUPS, and he and I have discussed it.... I found that the older redhat-config-printer and cupsconfig and the web version didn't play all that well together....

       mark