apache and php strangeness

Johan Booysen johan at matrix-data.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 15:46:51 UTC 2007

I guess my question was a bit vague to start off with...

I've trawled through the logs before, but this time noticed the
following straight away:

OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed. There is something wrong with your system -
please check that ORACLE_HOME is set.

These two sites have recently been moved from RHEL3 (where I got exactly
the same behaviour) to RHEL5.

I guess it's possible that the ORACLE_HOME environment variable doesn't
get set by the time Apache starts up, after a reboot...that may explain
it.

Thanks.