redhat-list Digest, WU-FTPD problem

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Tue Oct 23 07:50:50 UTC 2007

Masamy, Juda (SSO - Rehovot) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem with wu-ftpd I cannot upload files that are bigger than
> 2G I have fc6 Linux.

This will be either due to wu-ftpd, your server filesystem or your
client software not supporting large files (ones larger than 2 gig in size)

You should either update the wu-ftpd (get something newer with largefile
support, newer versions of wu-ftpd _may_ support this), update your
filesystem (i believe ext2 and ext3 have supported largefiles for quite
some time now - but if you are using things like vfat then you are SOL)
or update your client software (I believe software like filezilla under
windows supports largefiles)

So, really, what you do depends on what is the cause of the problem -
hope this gives you some starters - I'd probably look at updating
wu-ftpd first.

--
Steve  |()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail