CUPS & Choosing a Printer

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Tue Oct 23 18:59:08 UTC 2007

We are in an academic setting, so that the printer has to be sturdy
and networkable throughout several subnets to all types of computers
through our RH print server.
I have found that HP printers have been the best match for our
situation in providing  drivers for all of our computers.

We also have a campus contract with HP and techs on campus to handle
hardware problems.

You do have to ask HP or look on their web pages to make sure that
they have drivers for MacIntoshes.  Their Color Laserjet 3500-3600 do
not fit our requirements.  This is not obvious from their web pages.