BIND9 query log analyzer tool for RHEL4/5

Nikkilä Tommi tommi.nikkila at wmdata.fi
Wed Oct 24 06:16:14 UTC 2007

Hi!

I was wondering if there is any kind of tool to do some BIND query log analyzing? I know of topdns, which is nice, if kept running *all the time* but to really parse through some query logs (currently I have some 250Mbs waiting to be parsed) I need a proper tool.

I came across with lire but that requires so many (PERL) components that I'm not willing to give it a shot (not just yet, anyway). Also, sawmill isn't for me as it (also) requires *a lot of* unnecessary (at least to me) components.

Any pointers?

--
Tommi Nikkilä