opensource or free software repositories?

Jeff Hogg tastin at catchnet.net
Thu Oct 4 15:29:00 UTC 2007

Anne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know of any OpenSource or "free" software repository software
> out there to use for our developers to store their code, keep track of
> versions, etc? Anything that is fairly "easy" to setup on my Red Hat boxes?
>
> Thank you! Anne

Hello Anne,

   You should have access to CVS on most Redhat boxes.  It can be used
to do all that you mentioned.  It is most likely  already installed on
most configurations.  If it isn't already there, then it would be easy
to get the rpm.  I haven't made use of it in quite a while, but I don't
recall the setup being difficult in any way.  You can use it on a local
box or remotely, whichever suites your needs.  Good luck.

--
Jeff Hogg
System Admin.