ldap authorization

mups.cp mups.cp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:08:02 UTC 2007

You'll need set ldap in /etc/nsswitch.conf for passwd shadow and group
and set pam_ldap.so for auth password and session in system-auth.
There are other thing you could include in your system-auth depends on
the kind of setup you need for you environment, such as cracklib for
stronger passwords, sync windows and linux passwords, and so on.

Most of this could be done with few step using authconfig, but if you
after manually change system-auth, never use authconfig again because
you'll lost your customizations.