2.6 kernel...

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Sat Oct 13 23:08:13 UTC 2007

Ok, folks: about a year and a half, two years ago, around when the 2.6 kernel
came out, I read an interesting thread that suggested that the improvements,
including the scheduler, made a difference with multi-core and multi-CPU
systems, but actually had a negative impact on plain, vanilla single-processor
CPUs.

I've been keeping my firewall/router box, with older hardware, on RH9, updated
kernel, because of that. Is it still the case, or shall I, the next time I
rebuild the box, go to something newer, like CentOS with a 2.6 kernel?

	mark