Speaking of ldap....

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Mon Oct 15 19:49:51 UTC 2007

Ezra,

>Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:25:16 -0400
>From: "Ezra Taylor" <ezra.taylor at gmail.com>
>
>Hey:
>         Openldap is great code.  Your just a bad system administrator.

Are you just trolling, which is *not* acceptable on this list, or are you just a jerk?

If you actually want to get into it, we can discuss the lack of adequate error handling, the completely inadequate error messages that do not give clear indication as to what the error was, and the documentation that is equally bad (I suggest you see how many hits you get on openssl errors, or just select a few choice ones).

There's also the extremely primitive and inadequate tools that come packaged with it - they're about on par with editing files with ed, or maybe ex.

      mark