Telnet connection closes immediately upon connecting

Kristoffer Knigga Kknigga at arrow-financial.com
Mon Oct 15 21:23:16 UTC 2007

I just checked /var/log/secure (thanks, Mark) and noticed this:
xinetd[14216]: FAIL: telnet service_limit

What is the default limit on RHEL 4?  I'm not expecting any more than
200 or so connections.

I guess I need to set that "instances = unlimited" option (thanks,
Jack).

Thank you all for your help!

Kris