Adaptec SCSI RAID 2000S

Johan Booysen johan at matrix-data.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 16:17:27 UTC 2007

Hi.

I checked Adaptec's site first thing, but no luck (unless you want to
install Windows or SUSE).

A bit of research told me that I *should* be able to use the i2o driver
for it, and I've gotten it as far as installing.  But somehow the grub
bootloader doesn't work.

I found http://i2o.shadowconnect.com/rhel.php but after following those
instructions I'm still at a point where, on bootup, I only get the word
'GRUB' on the screen and that's it.

I believe the i2o driver, which I manually specified during the install
with 'linux noprobe' etc. etc. doesn't load up again after a reboot, for
some reason.

Still working on it, but any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thank you.