Adaptec SCSI RAID 2000S

Johan Booysen johan at matrix-data.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 16:27:58 UTC 2007

Matt,

Good question, and a very valid point.  But anyway, this box is kind of
a test-lab Oracle server, and needs to be RHEL5 for that purpose.  I
believe it will be pretty heavily used, so virtualizing it won't happen
- I'll bet my last penny on that, and on the Springboks, by the way!  :)

I think the next thing to do is to perhaps flash the Adaptec adapter's
BIOS to a newer version, and then see if the driver will load...I'm
pretty certain that I've exhausted all other options for now.

Will see what the boss says on Monday...

Thanks very much for your reply.

Johan