wuftpd problems (Juda Masamy) (Sorin Srbu)

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Wed Oct 31 07:38:09 UTC 2007

Masamy, Juda (SSO - Rehovot) <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:01
AM:

> Sorry I haven't seen your response, only now
> The solution that was suggested in the links u have provided
> Is to compile wu-ftpd as 64bit, I have tried it and it failes
> I do not have problem to upload large files (more than 2GB) with SFTP so
> it's not OS problem
> I think my fc6 redhat is 32bit, is it the reason why I cant compile
> wu-ftpd as 64bit?

Beats me. I've never seen the problem on Fedora4-7, Centos5 or RHEL4 and 5 of
either the x86 or x64 architectures, only on MS windows using later-date FATs
or NTFS. The suggested links were to get you started. I'm sorry but I don't
know more than that.

I'm only guessing, but I assume that if you run a 64b-linux OS, the software
packages you get are 64b as well, so I don't see why you'd need to recompile
those.

If all else fails with wuftpd, try another ftp-server. Should be plenty
available under linux!