NTFS filesystems

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Wed Oct 31 17:20:54 UTC 2007

Greetings:

	Does anyone know the status of things regarding mounting NTFS
filesystems?  My RHEL4 installation squawks at this as an unsupported FS
(plugging in an external USB drive).  I have been able to whack the factory
partition and create a new ext3 filesystem on it, but I was hoping for
interoperability, so I could recover files from a Windows PC if necessary.

	My drive is a 750 GB model, and my kernel is 2.6.9.  I thought NTFS
had been supported for some time.  Am I mistaken?  If I am missing some
other pieces for the kernel, how do I get them?

Scully