How to constrain the install through kickstart to one drive

Broekman, Maarten Maarten.Broekman at FMR.COM
Tue Sep 18 17:15:44 UTC 2007

You should be able to do this with the --ondisk option to the partition
specification.

For example:
	part /boot --fstype ext3 ---size 100 --asprimary --ondisk sda

You can also clear the partitions in a similar way
	clearpart --drives=sda --initlabel

Maarten Broekman

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Phil Savoie
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:12 PM
To: 'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'
Subject: How to constrain the install through kickstart to one drive

HI All,

I have a number of machines I would like to install using kickstart.
This
isn't the problem as this I know how to do...but, some pc's have more
than
one HD installed.  Some of the pc's have pata, sata or ide drives; that
is a
mixture of all I have mentioned.  In order to combat the problem of
kickstart
not working on all types of disks, I took out the  ondisk=[s|h]da.  This

works well on a pc with a single disk.  With more than one disk, the
second
disk also get a filesystem.  I don't want the second disk touched at
all.  Is
there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Phil