Problem with xdmcp

Job Cacka job at ccbox.com
Wed Sep 5 15:13:16 UTC 2007

Chris,
   I use puTTY on my Windows XP box and I have enabled X forwarding over SSH
in puTTY so that the transmission is secure. In conjunction with puTTY,
which provides the SSH tunneling, I then use Cygwin/X to provide the X
client on my Windows box. This provides me with a shell and a the ability to
run X apps on my Windows desktop.

	If you are not concerned about security (because you are working on
a trusted network, if you are running windows then you should always be
worried about security) then you could just use Cygwin/X to connect to the
GDM login. If you are not getting a login then there are is a tutorial at
Cygwin's website that will walk you through the setup of the gdm.conf file
on the server and the command line options for starting the X client to
connect to your server.

--
Have Fun,
Job

Remember to always remove redhat-list at redhat.com from any of your auto-reply
email messages. We really don't care if you are visiting your Grandmother in
Paducah, KY this week, and will be back on Monday.