Purchasing RHEL AS 4

mcclnx mcc mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Sep 6 12:20:26 UTC 2007

Yes.  You can Buy CENTOS and it is free.  BUT you need
think about following issues:

1. NO support on CENTOS.  If you are good on LINUX
then don't care.

2. Some software vendors don't support you, if you use
"Clone" O.S.  On my situration, we have ORACLE
Database and Veritas Netbackup on CENTOS.  Everytime I
call ORACLE or veritas, support engineer will say 'we
don't support CENTOS" no matter your problem relate to
O.S. or not.

--- Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel at todo-linux.com>
說: