Purchasing RHEL AS 4

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Thu Sep 6 12:46:58 UTC 2007

David Richards wrote:
> I think you need to buy the subscription in order to get redhat linux.
> If you want a cheap/free version on redhat, why not try the fedora project.
> www.fedora.us

Or CentOS. I'd recommend the latter. When I decided to upgrade from RH 9, I
wound up going to SuSE, because it was not only my opinion, but that of all
those I spoke to, that Fedora isn't leading edge, it's bleeding edge, and I
didn't want to debug the o/s. Six months or so later, I found out about CentOS,
and my next upgrade (when I can get my wife to let me) may be to that. I
understand that it's built from RH sources.

	mark