CentOS

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 17:00:01 UTC 2007

CentOS is completely legal and even RedHat states others have the right to
distribute binaries compiled from redhat source code as long as redhat
proprietary stuff is removed (rhn, logos, etc.).  That's it.  CentOS is made
to be binary compatible.  I can attest to that.  I used to run redhat for my
home business but switched to CentOS.  All I had to do was install a small
migrate rpm, which removed redhat logos (etc) and I had a CentOS box.  Then
I ran CentOS updates for a year and everything worked fine (CentOS updates
on RedHat base OS).  Now that's binary compatibility.

Michael