Getting my feet wet

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Thu Sep 6 18:35:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:21:40PM -0500, Yoho, Cindy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a unix admin (HP-UX and Solaris) who is just now getting around to
> installing a linux server.  (I know, I know!)  We are going to use
> RedHat and FreeRadius, and I was wondering what you all would suggest as
> far as the subscription service.  I  have worked with unix for 20 years,
> but have no linux experience at all.  Does the websupport/2 day response
> generally take the whole 2 days to get back to you?  Is this list a
> pretty good alternative to 24x7 support?
>
> Thanks~
> Cindy
> --

I haven't used support too often, but they're generally pretty quick
using the 24x7 plan.

This list is good.

And also let me recommend the #rhel channel on IRC irc.freenode.net.
Some RH tech support folk are there and very helpful.

Hopefully someone can give you some advice on the 2 day response vs
24/7.

Ray