Getting my feet wet

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Sep 6 19:56:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Yoho, Cindy wrote:

> I am a unix admin (HP-UX and Solaris) who is just now getting around to
> installing a linux server.  (I know, I know!)  We are going to use
> RedHat and FreeRadius, and I was wondering what you all would suggest as
> far as the subscription service.  I  have worked with unix for 20 years,
> but have no linux experience at all.  Does the websupport/2 day response
> generally take the whole 2 days to get back to you?  Is this list a
> pretty good alternative to 24x7 support?

No, it won't take 2 days to respond on average -- but it will take
ages to solve your issue.  I concur with everything others have said:
you'll be able to teach Redhat level 1 support, not the other way
around.

2-day web support is a good thing to buy so you can tell your boss you
have support.  And you do, at least on paper.  (IRL, not so much.)

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University