Re: remove old quotas

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Aaron Bliss wrote:

We have a redhat box using ldap for authentication, as well as quotas in place for our users. There are a few users that have been removed from the ldap directory, however their quota still exists. Does anyone know how to purge these entries from the aquota.user files accross all filesystems? Thanks for your help.

I believe quotacheck -uma should do the right thing.

If you can afford to remount the filesystem read-only, then run
quotacheck without the -m option.  quotacheck will be happier.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University