Compiling oratcl needs library libtclstub8.4.12.a

Roderick redhat at r71.nl
Mon Sep 10 21:05:24 UTC 2007

Hello,
I'm trying to compile and install the open source oratcl 4.4 extension
(for tcl) on my RHEL 4.5 server. I really need this package installed to
connect the application to Oracle. The application uses it's own tcl
version installed in the application directory. I got problems to
compile the library. I get this message:

$ ./configure --enable-gcc --prefix=/quovadx/qdx5.5/integrator/tcl
--exec-prefix=/quovadx/qdx5.5/integrator/tcl
...seems to be working allright....

$ make
gcc -pipe -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"Oratcl\"
-L/quovadx/qdx5.5/integrator/tcl/integrator/tcl/lib -ltclstub8.4.12
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltclstub8.4.12
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libOratcl4.4.so] Error 1

I got a libtclstub8.4.a somewhere in the applications tcl directory. Is
someone able to help me?? (I'n not an expert on Linux, but I know a little).