Broadcom 59xx interface - network woes continue.

Hicheal Morton mh1272 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:50:56 UTC 2007

i would suggest that you look at tux-mobile.org and the other
linux_on_laptop websites.
these websites generally have a lot of information.  while the information
may be for other distros, they may provide helpful insights into your
situation.
since dell is installing ubuntu on this laptop, i would check with the dell
site for information and also ubuntu's web site (webforums has been helpful
for me).
I don't use fedora but they will likely have helpful information

the ubuntu bcm drivers works great--wired and wireless.

also, is your hard drive in good condition?  i have had two hard drives
(that worked under windows) have problems with network interfaces under RHEL
WS and ubuntu.  one drive also had problems with windows so i had to use the
seagate disktool to re-initialize the hard drive before it would work; i
have had the same thing happen where the hard drive was faulty.  the
symptons are the same or similiar to what you have mentioned.