Re: How to create encrypted password via command line

Anne Moore wrote:
Hi All
Does anyone know of a quick/painless way to create an encrypted {crypt}
password via the command like on Red Hat? I need my users to do this and I
don't want them to have to write much syntax, etc., as that will be too much
for them. I was hoping there was some built-in (or other) method that allows
creating an encrypted password, depending on what the user types in for the
password.
Thank you! Anne

Do you mean something like what htpasswd does?

$ htpasswd -cb jones.passwd jones Pwd4Steve
$ cat jones.passwd
$ cat jones.passwd
jones:P9D.NILQAK/KM