-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Anne Moore
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:04 AM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: How to create encrypted password via command line

Hi All

Does anyone know of a quick/painless way to create an encrypted {crypt}
password via the command like on Red Hat? I need my users to do this and
I don't want them to have to write much syntax, etc., as that will be
too much for them. I was hoping there was some built-in (or other)
method that allows creating an encrypted password, depending on what the
user types in for the password.

Thank you!

Anne