Re: How to create encrypted password via command line

/sbin/grub-md5-crypt
/usr/sbin/slappasswd

Jim Canfield wrote:

Anne Moore wrote:
Hi All
Does anyone know of a quick/painless way to create an encrypted {crypt} password via the command like on Red Hat? I need my users to do this and I don't want them to have to write much syntax, etc., as that will be too much for them. I was hoping there was some built-in (or other) method that allows creating an encrypted password, depending on what the user types in for the
password.
Thank you! Anne
'htpasswd' would be a good tool to look at.

I'm curious, this isn't a classroom assignment is it?

-jim