Re: Swap Space Recommendation

As far as I remember, double the RAM up to 2 G. Linux doesn't use more than 2 G of swap. And if you have 16 G of RAM, you'll probably never use any swap.

Esquivel, Vicente wrote:
Is it still recommended that your swap space be twice the size of the
RAM you have on a server?  I mean is it practical to setup 32GB of swap
space when you have 16GB of RAM on a server?   Seems like a lot of swap
space to setup and have there not really being used but I could be
missing something. Thanks
Vince

--
veritatis simplex oratio est