RE: How to create encrypted password via command line

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Anne Moore wrote:

I have tried to find documentation on getting nss_ldap to work correctly on
each Red Hat client box, but after various tries, various openldap forums, I
had no luck. In fact, when I posted the question to the OpenLdap forum, none
there had a clue. They told that the passwd command should "just work" once
Openldap is working and authenticating.

If you know of the proper configuration documentation for nss_ldap that
explains how to configure to get the regular passwd feature working I would
love to read it!

What does your /etc/ldap.conf look like?

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University