Re: Backup Windows server to Linux server

Steven Buehler wrote:
> I have a client that I do backups for.  They had a Snap server (linux) and I
> was using rsync to connect to it from a RedHat Linux server to run scripts
> and do the backups.  Now they are switching to a Windows server and still
> want me to do the backups.  I know that linux can be setup as a Samba server
> but was wondering if it can be done the other way around so that the linux
> server can connect to the Windows server and act as if the windows server is
> another drive.  Or is there a way to rsync into the windows server?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Here's my suggestion, this is how we do it where I manage several TBs of
data.  Mount the windows server with sshfs with cygwin/ssh on the
windows box and then you can continue to use rsync to backup those files.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support