From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Kevin Kramer
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:02 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: enterprise backup system recommendations

we currently use a 50TB freebsd host that does nightly rsync. we have
about 9 months of online backups. we have an Overland Neo4200 (50 slot ,
2 LTO3 drives) connected to it. currently we just tar to tape, but are
looking at  HP dataprotector and IBM's backup product for this host.

Yoho, Cindy wrote:
We also use Data Protector and it works great. Had it for 12 years,
since version 1!  We use an HP Surestore DLT library and a StorageTek
SDLT, both of which have been very good and reliable brands, but I'd go
with an LTO if I was building a tape backup system now.