Re: unable to create any directory that uses numbers as the directory name

Madan Thapa wrote:
> Hello,
>

> unable to create any directory that uses numbers as the directory name
>

> root server [~]# mkdir 123
> mkdir: cannot create directory `123': No such file or directory
> root server [~]# mkdir 0
> mkdir: cannot create directory `0': No such file or directory
>

> Filesystem is not in readonly mode becasue I can create dir with a mix of
> numbers and aplhabets.
>
> root server [~]# mkdir 1ab
> root server [~]#
>

> Please advise.

An issue with local and charset perhaps?

I am able to create dir's and files with my LAN set as:

# echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

Also a shell difference perhaps? I have bash as shell:

# echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

Finally, what type of filesystem are you on?

Cheers,
Michael