Adding new disk to volume group

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Wed Sep 26 20:50:32 UTC 2007

Currently I'm using Red Hat Enterprise 4 that has two disk on a Hardware
Raid 1 (Smart Array 5i controller) that is setup in  a Volume Group
(VolGroup00) with the following logical volumes LogVol00, LogVol01,
LogVol02, LogVol03, LogVol04, and LogVol05.    I recently added two more
disks in our system/server  (these are internal disks on a HP Proliant
DL380 g2) and set these disk as a Hardware Raid 1.  Now I haven't used
Fdisk or nothing on these new disks.

Here's my question:  How do I add the new disks to the already existing
Volume Group so that I can have more space on the Volume Group.  Being a
Raid1 I know your only adding one disk.  Could someone send me the exact
commands to use?