Hijacked email address.

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Apr 15 18:00:54 UTC 2008

Jose R R wrote:
> Good morning (California), RH list members-

> Below is an fragment of one that even attempted to join an google group:

Alan is right, there is NO way to prevent this.  I would however double
check to make sure your mail server isn't compromised (which it probably
isn't, but a good double-check never hurts.

Also, there's a well known issue with Google owned domains (like
googlegroups) that are very susceptible to backscatter spam attacks to
find legit email addresses in those domains.

Unfortunately, the d*ckhead spammers won't leave us alone.  If everyone
on the planet would stop clicking on them, maybe a good portion of them
would go away.

*puts away soapbox*

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support