Linux Virtual Servers

Paul M. Whitney paul.whitney at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 13:05:36 UTC 2008

Robert,

You cannot have both VMware Workstation and Server on the same machine. [Source: http://vmware.com/pdf/ws6_manual.pdf]. On my Linux system, I installed VMware workstation and it includes VMware Player.

If you are going to buy or have Workstation, why not use it for all your virtualization needs? Also, server offers snapshot options.

Paul