RHEL 4 Keyboard & Language Settings

ashis.v.purbhoo at exxonmobil.com ashis.v.purbhoo at exxonmobil.com
Wed Apr 9 19:21:09 UTC 2008

I've have some questions on the interactions between keyboard & languages
settings.  For example, if I have a Russian, German, or Norwegian keyboard
does that automatically result in changing the language settings.  What are
the issues/problems with having a Russian keyboard setting with the default
language set to English/US/C vs. changing to Russian.

What are the implications of having different settings or is it preferred
to place English/US/C in addition to having a secondary language set?  Or
is the preference to have the system's keyboard setting by default set to
the region & have the user choose language settings?

I'm looking for specifics on advantages/disadvantages to either
configuration or if there is another standard that would be better and why?

Ash

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you may
have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
indicating that and delete the copy you received. In addition, you should
not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information
contained in this communication. Thank You.